The Event Safety Alliance is set to host the next Severe Weather Summit March 22-23, 2018, at the National Weather Center’s Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla.
The summit is designed to aid event and venue professionals in preparing for and responding to dangerous weather conditions. Subject matter experts from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the National Weather Service will explore topics including:
· Severe weather phenomena that can threaten all types of events and facilities;
· Why playing “amateur meteorologist” can be dangerous;
· Public and private-sector resources that can assist in weather preparedness;
· Technologies that can provide advanced warning of threatening weather; and
· How to develop a relevant and actionable severe weather plan. For more information and to register, visit http://severeweathersummit.com.