When temperatures rise, heat becomes an additional safety challenge on tent installation jobsites.
With the OSHA Heat Safety Tool app, available for free for iPhone® and Android™ devices, workers and supervisors can calculate the heat index and access heat safety information right on their mobile phones.
The app determines the heat index at a specific worksite and, based on the heat index, displays a risk level to outdoor workers. Then with a click, users can get reminders about protective measures that should be taken at that risk level to protect workers from heat-related illness, which may include:
- drinking enough fluids
- scheduling rest breaks
- planning for and knowing what to do in an emergency
- adjusting work operations
- gradually building up the workload for new
- training on heat illness signs and symptoms
- monitoring each other for signs and symptoms of
The app is available in English and Spanish.