By Elizabeth Kephart Reisinger
Many companies are promoting environmentally friendly practices, and the trend is spilling over to events. Here are some ways to advise your clients on how to brand their tented event as “green.”
- Print all signage, marketing material and brochures on recycled and/or recyclable materials.
- Explore using biodiesel or other petroleum alternatives for electrical or climate control.
- Encourage clients to use removable vinyl decals for any logos on the tent fabric.
- Donate any items used around the tent, such as tables, benches or landscaping, to a local park or community organization. Let guests know where the items will be donated.
- Consider flooring that’s renewable, sustainable or made out of recycled materials, such as bamboo.
- Encourage clients to install recycling receptacles throughout the event.