By Stacy Stern, CSEP
Choosing the right vendor can be a challenge, especially if you’re new to the event business. Following are some tips for making an informed decision.
- Know the vendor’s inventory. Does the company own its own equipment and have its own warehouse?
- Consider the vendor’s proximity to the site.
- Make sure the vendor is insured to the right level for the venue and client. Then get listed as an additional insured on the event insurance.
- Get recommendations. Use companies you know, or use one that is known personally by someone you know.
- Know a vendor’s schedule. How many events is the vendor doing that day? What will the company have available in terms of trucks and drivers in case of emergency?