The tent rental industry is sponsoring a nationwide “CARES” day on Aug. 29, 2020, to show appreciation for the frontline medical workers who have supported the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The intention is to help inspire the creation of dozens if not hundreds of events nationwide. The events will be independently put together by members of IFAI’s Tent Rental Division (TRD), ARA, MATRA, other manufacturers and those directly in the tent rental community. In addition to the importance of the appreciation event for the healthcare workers, there is an additional significance of the event itself. The hope is to focus these events in outdoor spaces utilizing tents and other event rental equipment to show that there are safe ways for people to gather.
To participate, consider reaching out to local hospitals, ambulance squads, firehouses and urgent care centers. Thank them for their efforts and let them know your plan for Aug. 29. Invite local media and dignitaries and promote the event on social media.
Ideas on how to participate (rental or manufacturer):
- Sponsor a barbecue at your facility under a tent.
- Sponsor a lunch under a tent at a hospital.
- Sponsor an ice cream social under a tent.
- Hold a happy hour under a tent at a local venue.
- Hold a special “Healthcare Worker” day/hour/time at restaurants using tents.
- Hold an “open house” at your facility to show how the tents are made (manufacturers) or a meet and greet with your employees (manufacturers and/or rental companies).
- Family fun day at your facility for healthcare workers and families (tents, bounce houses and games).
- Host a local band with a barbecue under a tent.
- Volunteer at a local food bank.
- Offer coupons for first responders to redeem for tent rentals at a later date.
- Enlist the help of local partners to participate to help with any cost.
- Work with local restaurants (they do the food, you do the tent).
The USTSA (United States Tent and Structure Alliance) is a group of tent and clearspan fabric structure manufacturers that have aligned to help promote the safe use of tents and other temporary structures for a wide variety of uses. The group was formed in March 2020 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The alliance has been instrumental in providing resources to the tent rental community, including organized outreach to political leaders, marketing assets for tent renters, tent cleaning best practices and the general promotion of outdoor tented events.