This page was printed from

Tent installers killed in Charleston

Industry News | June 1, 2008 | By:

Two men were electrocuted and two others were shocked during a pole tent installation in Charleston, S.C., in April. The men were working for Stage Presence Equipment & Rental, according to WCBD-TV online.

One man died at the scene while another died later at the hospital. The other two men affected were sent to the hospital with injuries.

“They were moving the tents into position when one of the tents struck the lower hanging power lines,” said John Clark, of the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office. It appears the tent’s center pole came in contact with the power line.

Share this Story

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments are moderated and will show up after being approved.