By Holly O’Dell
Want to know if you have a high-quality crew chief on hand or in the making? Here are some defining attributes.
- Leadership. Able to make decisions in the field related to the customer, crew and other vendors.
- Communication skills. Clear with instructions and speaks directly to the staff and client. Knowledgeable enough about the job site and product to answer any questions that may arise.
- Dedication. Toes the company line in all instances.
- Dependability. Loads the truck right, ensures the crew is properly outfitted, arrives at the job site on time, and finishes the install efficiently and on (but preferably under) budget.
- Trust of owners. Has the confidence of owners to get the job done.