Pantone releases the Fashion Color Report Spring 2013
InTents | October 2012
Pantone LLC, an authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries, details soothing neutrals and energizing brights in the PANTONE® Fashion Color Report Spring 2013.
The comprehensive overview of designers’ use of color in their upcoming collections was released on the first day of New York Fashion Week in early September. While the report features the top 10 colors for women’s and men’s fashion for spring 2013, the same trends influence the event world in the form of color schemes, linens and liners, lighting design and more.
Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®, compares the spring color collection to the balancing act of striving to find harmony in the frantic pace of everyday lives.
“The same can be said for fashion as we look for balance between light and bright, classic and new,” she says. “This season’s color palette emphasizes this need for balance, while at the same time allowing for individuality, self-expression and excitement.”
The color collection includes:
- PANTONE 14-0446 Tender Shoots
- PANTONE 14-6011 Grayed Jade
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald
- PANTONE 16-3520 African Violet
- PANTONE 17-1664 Poppy Red
- PANTONE 16-1360 Nectarine
- PANTONE 13-0756 Lemon Zest
- PANTONE 16-4120 Dusk Blue
- PANTONE 12-1008 Linen
- PANTONE 19-3964 Monaco Blue
- PANTONE 14-0210 Tidal Foam
- PANTONE 16-3915 Alloy
- PANTONE 16-1364 Vibrant Orange
- PANTONE 16-1054 Sunflower
The report is available for free download.